Choose your DIY rubber roof
Whatever the scale of your roofing project, we’ve got the right EDPM rubber roof for you.
- One Piece EDPM DIY Rubber Roof – for straightforward large or small flat roofs
- Self-Adhesive EDPM DIY Rubber Roof – for flat roofs that double as terraces or ones that involve gutter linings and parapet walls etc
- DuoPly EDPM DIY Rubber Roof– for any roof that has an uneven surface or needs a hardwearing solution
No specialist skills are needed to install our EDPM rubber roofs so they’re ideal for DIYers. They are all BBA approved and comply with current building regulations when installed correctly. You can also use them on green roofs.
- Find out about the other products we supply that could help make your rubber roof installation even easier
- Read our top tips for a stress free installation of your DIY rubber roof
We are EDPM rubber roof experts, so if you have any questions or need any advice, please get in touch. Our roofing experts are on hand to help.
One Piece EPDM DIY Rubber Roof
Our One Piece EPDM DIY Rubber Roof is cost-effective and extremely versatile. It’s 1.14mm thick and perfect for covering straightforward flat roofs, summer houses, extensions and dormers whether they are large or small.
What do I need to know about the One Piece EDPM DIY Rubber Roof?
- It’s available in a choice of five widths: 3m, 4.5m, 6m, 7.6m and 9m, simply choose the one you need. Two pieces can be joined together very easily, so if you have a wider roof, simply order two or more pieces.
- You tell us the length of your roof and we’ll cut it to size. Whether you need 0.1m or 30.5m, there’s no wasted material or money. And if you need a piece longer than 30.5m, simply order two or more to get the length you need.
- Your bespoke EDPM rubber roof is sent to you in boxes ready to install.
- Installed using a water-based cold adhesive to make installation easy and safe.
- You will need paint rollers, disposable paintbrushes, scissors, disposable gloves and a stiff broom to install your EDPM DIY Rubber Roof.
Facts and figures about the One Piece EDPM DIY Rubber Roof
- Complies with all current building regulations when fitted correctly.
- Life span of over 50 years.
- BBA approved product.
Got any questions about the One Piece EDPM DIY Rubber Roof or want to place an order? Get in touch now – our experts will be happy to help.
Self Adhesive EPDM DIY Rubber Roof
If your flat roof doubles as a walkway or you use it as a roof terrace or roof garden, you need our Self-Adhesive EDPM DIY Rubber Roof, our hardest wearing roofing solution. It's also the rubber roof you need if your flat roof includes gutters, parapet walls, balconies, bay windows or upstands.
What do I need to know about the Self Adhesive EPDM DIY Rubber Roof?
- It’s available in 10m x 1m rolls.
- It has a layer of reinforcing to prevent it contracting, but it will still move with the natural movement of the building, so it won’t crack or lift.
- It has a textured, non-slip surface, so it can be used for walkways and terraces.
- It has an in-built root barrier, so it’s perfect for green roofs.
- It can be laid over most existing coverings including OSB (oriented strand board) timber, plywood, brick, concrete, felt and bitumen, making installation even quicker.
- You don’t need to use arris fillets when the roof meets walls or chimneys (an arris fillet is a triangular piece of wood used to raise roof slates against a chimney or wall to shed the rain), making installation straightforward.
- All you need to install your Self Adhesive EDPM DIY Rubber Roof are primer, a standard heat gun with a fishtail nozzle and a silicone roller (all of which we can supply).
Facts and figures about the Self Adhesive EPDM DIY Rubber Roof
- Frost proof and rot proof, making it an ideal long term solution.
- Conforms to DIN 4102 Part 1 (Fire Resistance Class B2).
- Complies with all current building regulations when installed correctly.
- Life span of over 50 years.
- BBA approved product.
Got any questions about the Self Adhesive EPDM DIY Rubber Roof or want to place an order? Get in touch now – our experts will be happy to help.
Duoply EDPM DIY Rubber Roof
If your flat roof is uneven, our Duoply EDPM DIY Rubber Roof is the product for you. It comes in a lightweight roll, making it easy to manage and install. Duoply is 2.5mm thick and has a polyester fleece back that moulds over uneven surfaces, helping to smooth them out.
What do I need to know about the Duoply EDPM DIY Rubber Roof?
- It comes in 18.54m2 rolls for versatility and practicality.
- It’s easy to install because you can lay it out and walk it on without damaging it.
- It has a third fewer seams to join than traditional felt roofing systems.
- It uses a water-based cold adhesive to make installation easy and safe.
- It’s designed to bend easily so it will follow the contours of your roof perfectly.
- It’s resistant to UV radiation and ozone so it won’t split, crack or become brittle with age.
- It’s moss and fungus resistant so it’s easy to maintain.
Facts and figures about the Duoply EPDM DIY Rubber Roof
- Conforms to all current building regulations when installed correctly.
- Lifespan of over 50 years.
- BBA approved product.
Got any questions about the Duoply EDPM DIY Rubber Roof or want to place an order? Get in touch now – our experts will be happy to help.
If you need to order any extra kit to install your rubber roof, you can order it from us. From adhesives and primers in varying sizes to brushes, rollers and safety wear, we’ve got everything you need to complete your roofing job. And as a respected trade, commercial and DIY supplier we can guarantee a competitive price and excellent service!
We also supply a comprehensive range of accessories to make finishing your roofing job to a professional standard easy.
Fast Fit Kerb and Drip Edge Trims
Fast Fit Kerb and Drip Edge Trims secure the edges of your EDPM rubber roof and stop rainwater going over the roof edge. They are available in white or charcoal plastic and come with matching joint covers, corner pieces and a fixing kit.
Moulded Rubber Corners
Moulded Rubber Corners further improve the finish on roof corners or upstands etc, helping to create a professional look. They are available as either internal or external corners and are compatible with all three National Roofing EDPM rubber roofing systems. To use, simply seal the edges with lap sealant to create a watertight seal.
Got to deal with a downpipe? Our Pipe Covers create an attractive finish and make creating a watertight seal between the roof and the pipe easy.
Aluminium Termination Bars
Aluminium Termination Bars can remove the need for cutting into the wall and fitting lead flashing. National Roofing offers an aluminium termination bar finishing system that mechanically fixes and seals the top edge of the EPDM to the upstand wall, saving time and effort and creating a more professional looking finish.
Top tips for a stress free DIY rubber roof installation
Now you’ve chosen to use EPDM rubber for your flat roofing job you’ve already saved a lot of stress! But there are other things you can do to speed up the installation process and make life easy:
- Prepare the roof decking: ensure it is stable, clean, dry, and free from sharp points and edges.
- Apply the supplied water-based adhesive to a firm porous surface – ideally timber roofing boards or plywood sheeting.
- Brush the rubber roof out onto decking with a soft brush.
- To finish EPDM against a house or parapet wall, use contact adhesive on the wall and roof deck edge – there is no need to use arris fillets.